Friday, July 1, 2011

First of July...and The Last Full Month Before Grad School :D

The first day of July has been a day of new beginnings. A new group to cycle with, and new friends---with one of them being 3 1/2!


My day started out with a glass of fresh juice from five organic carrots and one organic apple. After I had that for breakfast I suited up in my CSULB Triathlon kit to go for a bike ride with Adventure's Edge:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-Edge/114978086582

Adventure's Edge is the main outdoor/cycling shop in my beautiful city of Arcata, CA. They have daily bike rides leaving the shop, with each day being either a road bike ride or mountain bike ride.

Today was going to be my first ride with this group. I've heard a lot about them...but haven't waked up early enough to go out. I woke up early this morning...so decided to go.

The ride left the shop at 9:30AM and was a group of eight other guys and two women. One of the guys from the ride was from the HSU Cycling Team (which I will be a part of in August), so we talked about the team. I found out as we went along that I inquired about his spare room in his house a couple weeks back. Of course, it was one of the unsuccessful attempts. Small world, especially up here. I have an AMAZING roommate that I'm living with that is also part of the cycling team.

Anyways, we rode up to Trinidad (about 15-18 miles north from Arcata).


It was mixture of bumpy road, single track, and HWY 101. I've never been on such a bouncy ride on my road bike. The ride was great...got some sprints in--and got to show off my power on the hills. Overall it was a mellow ride that was pretty much a social event. I was friends with everyone by the end of it. One of the girls that was riding with the group works at the shop Adventure's Edge...and gave me a FREE cycling kit! Free cycling jersey, wind jacket, and a pair of bib shorts (gotta wait on them...till they get my size). I haven't experienced such generosity from people I just met like that. It shows how amazing the community is up here!
After that fantastic workout and meeting new friends, I got back and did some stock trading. A little later I decide to bring a book over to Redwood Park. As I was about to head out, I get a text from a friend of mine who wants to join me. So we head over to the park and have an amazing time.  
After that we went to pick up her daughter, who is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! I hung out with my friend and her daughter at the downtown plaza and we had so much fun. After that we went back to my place and we made dinner. While the food was cooking--I pretty much became a kid being around her. I was having so much fun playing. Here (in this Harry Potter-ish resembling picture)---she was trying my glasses on while writing on my Buddha Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment